What is a Dumpster and How Can You Use It?
Dumpsters are used for garbage disposal, recycling products, or removing junk that just isn’t needed anymore. Front-load garbage dumpsters can be as small as 2 cubic yards, while the roll-off dumpsters can hold up to 50 cubic yards. They can be used to remove just about any type of material, including mixed materials, so you can clear out your home, office, or industrial building with ease. Read below to learn more about dumpsters or give us a call if you’re ready to rent one today.
What Types of Dumpsters are There?
There are three main types of dumpsters you’ll want to be aware of. These include the front-loading commercial dumpsters, temporary residential dumpsters, and open-top steel dumpsters.
- Front-loading Commercial Dumpster – These are permanently placed outside businesses and have lids that can lock. They are emptied by lifting and dumping the trash into a truck, then can be refilled by the business.
- Temporary Residential Dumpster – This is a steel container used for garbage, waste, trash, and household junk that isn’t needed anymore. These are delivered by a roll-off truck and there are no damages when the bin is dropped off or picked up.
- Open-top Steel Dumpster – These are roll-off dumpsters that tend to be larger than the ones used for residential purposes. These often include a rear door for access as well as ladders to climb for access from the top.
Dumpster Rentals: A How-to Guide for Using Them
Using a dumpster rental is easy. There are just four steps you’ll need to worry about.
- Give Us a Call – You’ll want to call us and let us know your city, the type of trash you’ll be disposing of, and the bin size. If you are unsure of the bin size needed, we can help.
- Delivery of the Dumpster – On the scheduled delivery date, your dumpster will be delivered on-site and will be set up so it’s ready to use. Make sure you plan ahead of time where the dumpster will go so the delivery goes smoothly.
- Fill the Dumpster – While the dumpster is by your home or business, you’ll have the ability to fill it with any junk, waste, garbage, soil, or concrete that you no longer need.
- Call Us to Pick it Up – When the dumpster is full, you’ll just need to call us. We’ll pick it up and take care of the rest from there.
Sizes of Dumpsters Available
We have a variety of dumpsters available to rent, depending on your specific needs. It is often better to overestimate and end up with a little unused space at the top of the dumpster rather than rent one that is too small and will need to be removed and emptied frequently, as that can slow down the job you’re doing. Our most popular commercial option is a 30 cubic yard dumpster. For residential purposes, the 20 cubic yard dumpster is the most popular and for industrial dumpsters, most companies will rent the 40 cubic yard dumpster.
Other Disposal Containers Available
We do offer other types of disposable containers as well. One is the trash compactor, which is a small dumpster that can compress any materials inside of it. This can hold more per dump, so it has to be emptied less frequently. This is a great option for businesses that may need to have cardboard, paper, and other products disposed of frequently.
Work with a Reliable Dumpster Company
It’s crucial to work with a reliable company that has your safety and wellbeing in mind when delivering and picking up the dumpsters. We offer a variety of different dumpsters and can deliver the same day if you call before 10 am. This way, you don’t have to waste time waiting for the dumpster to arrive. We are licensed, insured, and bonded, giving you peace of mind for any project you’re working on.
Choose the Right Size Container for Your Project
It’s best to call and schedule the rental as early as possible to ensure the appropriate size is available and will be delivered before the trash starts to pile up as the project begins. However, if the project has already started, we do offer same-day delivery if you call us before 10 am. Before you call, do think about the amount of waste that will be created with the project. Every project can differ, depending on what the project entails and how much will need to be removed.
You can check out our website to get more specifics on the sizes of bins we have available and get a better idea of what will fit in each one. We rent mini bins that are perfect for smaller renovations or clean-out projects, as well as various sizes up to 40 cubic yards for residential use. When you call us, we can give you the details needed to help you determine the right size and can help you determine what can and can’t be placed in the bins.
Tips to Get the Most from Your Rental
When you call us to discuss your project, make sure you tell us what types of materials you’ll be disposing of. We can let you know what materials are not allowed and which ones may need to be separated from the other materials. In most cases, you’ll simply toss everything in the same bin. If you do have a lot of certain materials that will need to be disposed of, like concrete or drywall, you may want to rent a bin specifically for those items.
If you are in need of a dumpster for your business or a residential project, we can help. We offer a variety of bin sizes as well as different types that could be perfect for your needs. We also offer fast delivery and can help you with any questions you might have about the rental. Give us a call today to schedule your rental or to talk with one of our specialists about the options available for your project.